Preserving the impermanent, if only for a little while longer.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

They say he carved that spoon himself - from a bigger spoon

I love salt. I have, let's see - I believe about six salt shakers on my kitchen table at the moment: regular sea salt, salt mined from the Utah salt flats, Himalayan pink salt, seasoning salt, and I believe one other.

I recently got a new salt; this one is a French Celtic salt, from the Bay of Biscay.


Yes, that is bacon salt on the right there.



However, since this is a rather clumpy salt, I won't be able to put it in a shaker. I decided to put it in a little jar, along with a tiny spoon for me to scoop it out with. One problem: no tiny spoon. I did find this one online, and it is only a buck-fity, but I want to scoop my salt NOW! So I decided to make my own.

I whittled it out of a Popsicle stick (hey, we're not fancy here) in about ten minutes.



Hopefully, you can see the slight concavity at the front of the stick, as well as the little crescent cut out of the back to make it more ergonomic. It's not amazing, but it'll do for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home